June 15, 2021
- New Elk Mine has re-opened, 45 miners.
- Ginny mentioned subsidence issues, including an issue near Victor.
- Russ Means updated the Committee about the upcoming rulemaking – release next draft of rules in mid-July. Stakeholders review for 30-60 days.
- New MLRB Board members need to be appointed by Governor.
- State is trying to figure out re-opening will work for the 1313 Sherman building. Division is having in person meetings if needed. Rulemaking could be completed early next year.
- Mill Operations – DMO – Question about definitions.
Stan reiterated CMA has a workgroup ready to respond to the Division’s new draft that will meet to review.
Dianna Orf updated the Committee about the Dredge and Fill legislation the Colorado Department of Public Heath and Environment wished to pursue including a permit program and enforcement activities. CMA has formed a workgroup to continue to address this topic throughout the summer.
Dianna summarized the legislative session in 2021.