February 15, 2022
- Ginny Brannon reported that Colorado received $10 million per year for 15 years from the federal infrastructure bill to address abandoned mines including coal mine fires. 38 coal mine fires exist currently. New contractors will be needed.
- Stan Dempsey asked if DRMS had determined if underground coal mine fires were the cause of the Marshall fire. No determination has been made.
- Russ: Informal stakeholder meeting for hardrock rulemaking coming up and setting up formal rulemaking process.
- Presentation to MLRB – guidance memo on designated chemicals.
- Stan asked Ginny if DRMS has been contacted by CDPHE regarding the Clean Heat Program’s Coal Mine Methane recovery protocol working group.
- Hardrock Rulemaking – Miguel Hamarat discussed the topics identified in the CMA hardrock rulemaking subcommittee.
- Miguel discussed the Designated Chemical list and memo to be presented to the MLRB.
- Howard Gebhardt reported the modeling workgroup organized by APCD is meeting frequently, the Division has posted a job announcement for a new modeler.
- APCD is beginning its ozone stakeholder process, moving to Severe non-attainment, APCD Ozone Stakeholder Presentation
Legislative Report – Dianna Orf
- Air Toxics
- Off Duty Use of Marijuana
- Restrict COVID Vaccine Mandates
- Employer Trip Reduction
Discussion regarding Coal Mine Methane Protocol Workgroup.