February 15, 2022
Congratulations to Kathy Welt of Mountain Coal Company on her retirement!
WOTUS – Lucy Harrington and Bob Gessemer of GEI Consultants presented information regarding the Biden Administration’s efforts to redefine WOTUS.
Aluminum – Comments are due on March 9
Members are encouraged to bring topics to the Chair, Chantell Johnson for possible presentation.
Next webinar is April 14, 2022 at 11:00am.
Did discuss PFAS Grant Program – Assist labs
Subcommittees – Implicit NILs – CMA comments available upon request
- Non-Impact Limits (NILs): Discuss implementation of antidegradation for facilities discharging prior to the reviewable date (such as implicit NILs), and development of a memorandum based on the existing Antidegradation Guidance.
- Alternatives Analyses (AAs): Development of guidance for antidegradation analyses.
- Chemical Approval Forms: Discussion of chemical approval forms and requirements, with potential modifications to the form. March 3 – Next meeting – List of CMA issues
- WQCD Permitting 101 Slide Show – Meg Parrish See Presentation
- PFAS Grants
- Temperature Links:
- Stormwater permit – non extractive – renew 900,000 series permit – inclusion of stormwater permits into individual – Future CMA Stormwater Discussion
- Consider inviting WQCD to future committee meeting.
Legislative Report – Dianna Orf CMA Legislative Report (available upon request)
- Draft PFAS Bill (available upon request) – Survey of CMA members to determine impact of the bill.
List of activities – mining
What products are you changing out? Firefighting foam?